TechCrunch Europe will be hosting a TechCrunchTalk Nordic in Stockholm on the 27th of May. TechCrunchTalk Nordic will be an afternoon of presentations, interactive panels, and Q&A's, followed by networking in the evening.
TechCrunch Nordic is designed to bring together startups, seasoned entrepreneurs, investors and key industry players for great networking, TechCrunch style. It will be taking place in the afternoon of May 27th, from 15.00-18.00 followed by networking until around 20.00.
TechCrunch Nordic will take place at Elite Palace Hotel, St Eriksgatan 115, Stockholm, and will focus on the following themes:
- "Minipreneurship" in web development - can a great web service be build on
very small foundations?
- Sweden's association with "big plays" (Skype, TradeDoubler etc) has given it
a special place online - can it hold on to that in the future?
- The Nordic countries have a cultural history of gender equality - does that apply to tech as well?
- Do Nordic startups think international/global immediately?
How do you launch a product in Europe across many markets?
- Are Nordic startups reaching beyond their borders for investors from other
- The new Nordic mobile landscape:
Telcos versus Internet
With Sweden and Finland, leading players in mobile innovation, what trends are appearing there first?
- Nordic and Baltic inter-change / inter-play:
Is it a 'greater regional market' or are startups just focused on their own
immediate home markets?
Are Nordic VC's mainly helping local startups or are they
looking at the greater region?
A Pitch! Competition will be held for selected startups at the end of the afternoon.
Tickets to the event are a nominal SEK 475 per person
to minimise no-shows - and can be purchased online here: http://www.amiando.com/tcstockholm.html
, early-bird discounts are available.
Drop a comment in this thread if you're going!
People who're going:
Mike Butcher - Techcrunch
Mattias Swenson - Bloglovin'
Tommie Nordholm - A Pretty Different Factory